Choose a song that speaks to you about the Australian spirit?
Find the lyrics.
Work on the depth of meaning found in the song.
Use the questions below as the template for a sharepoint document (or googledocs shared doc) as you get ready to present your findings to the class
- List the images or visual pictures used during the song
- Analyse what each of these images symbolises for Australians?
- What images does the writer use to express the spirit of Australia?
- Are there any historical events alluded to throughout the song?
- What inner human qualities are described through the words of the song?
- What Australian values does the song affirm?
- What main theme is the writer exploring?
- How does the title of the song add to our understanding of the theme?
- Name the inspiration this song offers to Australians.
- What affect does this song have when used at an Australian Event?
- Describe the meaning or purpose this song applies to life in Australia.
- What kind of atmosphere does the music evoke for Australians?
- Describe why and how this song gives people a spiritual connection to something greater than themselves?
- How would you describe what that something greater is?